Saturday, October 15, 2011

Galatians 6:4

Galatians 6:4 But let each on examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not another.

When I do a job to the best of my ability often times I’m happy with the work. However if I compare the amount of time or effort it took me compared to someone else, or how well the finished product is done, I usually can find someone who did it faster, easier and better than I did. On the other hand when I only worry about doing my best and don’t worry about examining other’s work to see if they’re better than me, than it’s much easier for me to do a good job and to rejoice in my work. Colossians 3:23 And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men,…

Application-I will work towards examining my own work, and doing my work to the Glory of God instead of focusing on comparing myself to others to find my identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment