Monday, December 5, 2011

Acts 3:6

Acts 3:6 Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.”

What do I have that could cause a man to rise up and walk? Nothing. What did Peter have that could cause a man to rise up and walk? Nothing. Nothing in himself that is, he did however, have someone else’s power to heal the man with, and as we read through the new testament you see the Power of Jesus used to bring people to a saving faith in God, by whatever way is best for the situation, be it healing, or preaching, or condemning, in each case God’s power is used to bring people to him. The purpose of the healing was to bring God glory and honor, the same purpose of all of the miracles.

Application-I will pray that God will give me the courage to use each opportunity that He gives me to glorify him, and bring those around me closer to him, whatever it might be that he’s calling me to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment