Sunday, February 19, 2012

Matthew 5:4

Matthew 5:4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

This verse speaks to me of a prior commitment or person that someone gave enough of their heart to that when it was gone the loss was mourned, not just overlooked and tucked away. It speaks also of a vulnerability in be willing to honestly mourn the loss. To be at this point of breaking, this point of mourning hurts, it hurts a lot. Is it really better to have loved and lost than to never love at all, is it really better to mourn than to live life guarded and not be at such a risk for that kind of pain? I think the words of Jesus here in this verse answer well that question… Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. I personally struggle with truly attaching myself to anyone or anything, I try and stay guarded that way when I leave for the next thing or the next place I won’t have to mourn any loses. Another thing that I struggle with is preparing for the next thing and/or keeping my mind preoccupied with figuring out what’s next, thinking if only this or if only that, I try and finish half-heartedly rather than do my best at the here and now for fear of not finishing or not getting to the next thing quick enough. I know finishing is important but what do you gain if you have to redo something for want of it being done right in the first place? What would it look like though if I were to put this quote truly into practice? “Wherever you are, be all there! Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God.” -Jim Elliot-

Application- I pray that God will open my heart up to be able to live out this quote “Wherever you are at, be all there! Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God” 

No comments:

Post a Comment