Monday, January 30, 2012

Psalm 107:9

Psalm 107:9 For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness.

Do we long for God, does our soul really long for him, or perhaps do we only long to be filled without having to go humbly to our savior and ask for his help, without having to have a relationship with our savior? I was hungry and longing for something, for years I had this longing, but I didn’t want to admit to anybody that I needed anything, I didn’t want to be dependent on anyone, including my God. I tried to feel this void through many things, just not by developing a relationship with God, praying was something that I only did out of ritual, I feared that if I opened myself to God that he wouldn’t satisfy and fill me, that I would be just as lacking. This summer as I began to draw near to God, he began to satisfy my soul and through the midst of some rough trials he proved the truth of this promise, showing me the reality of his trustworthiness. Phillipians 4:8-9 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Application- God promises to satisfy the longing soul and fill the hungry soul with goodness, I will memorize this verse so that when I feel that void I can look back and recall where I’m supposed to look for filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment