Monday, January 30, 2012

Psalm 69:5

Psalm 69:5 O God, You know my foolishness; and my sins are not hidden from You.

Here David is asking for help from God despite of his foolishness and despite of his sin, he has the wisdom to realize that God knows his shortcomings, which were numerous, and yet asks for help anyways. No man is perfect, everyone fails and falls, God doesn’t find out about our sin and then get mad and kick us out of the game, he already knows about our sin and loves us enough to want to bring us out of it, loves us for who we really are. We can act like we’re perfect, like we have no sins, but even in the unlikely chance that people really wouldn’t be aware, God still knows. Why not come to God and humbly admit when we fail, especially if the only thing that we might lose is our pride?

Application- To be quick to come to God and repent when I’ve failed, remembering that I have a God who loves me through my foolishness and sins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment